Archive for September 2020

[Commlist] Invitation for new Board Members - Studies in Comics journal

Tue Sep 15 08:46:02 GMT 2020

Studies in Comics (Intellect Books) invites self-nominations for new editorial board members.
Successful applicants will be invited to join the board of this well-established academic journal. Your name will appear in the publication’s editorial board listings and you will receive online access to all past and current issues. As editorial board member you will be invited to review 2-4 articles per year, with a minimum requirement that you review 2 per year unless exceptional circumstances prevent. We will not send you more than 4 articles per year to review. Reviews will be requested with a turn-around of 3 weeks.
If you are interested in being considered, please send a short (4 page maximum) CV to (studiesincomics /at/ gmail.com), along with a brief covering email. The covering email should include a paragraph summarising your research interests and specialities within comics studies.
We are open to applications from scholars at all levels, including doctoral/graduate students, although we would expect applicants to have published academic work. Independent scholars are welcome to apply. We are particularly supportive of applications from international scholars, and from those with BAME/BIPOC backgrounds, or whose research focuses on these areas or related texts.

Dr Julia Round
Principal Lecturer, Faculty of Media and Communication
Bournemouth University, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Tel: 01202 965931 (email preferred)
Room W322
Please note I am part-time and do not work Tuesdays.
On the instructions of my staff union I am currently working to contract. Many thanks for your patience.