Archive for September 2020

[Commlist] Call for papers on Populism, Media and Journalism

Thu Sep 03 15:29:13 GMT 2020

Call for papers for 2021 (Vol. 17, n. 3) - Populism, Media and Journalism
https://bjr.sbpjor.org.br/bjr/announcement/view/27

In this special issue, we seek contributions that engage with the complex relationships between populism, media and journalism on each of these levels, and we are particularly interested in papers that explicitly seek to explore populism across these levels. How does the media cover populist parties and what role do journalists play in (de)legitimizing populist ideas? How do populist discourses shape and reshape party competition in hyper-mediated environments? How do we understand the nature of populist rhetoric in a given context, in terms of its evolution, the way in which elites are constructed, and the way in which the authentic people is defined? How have populist movements constructed the media and journalists?

We welcome submissions from researchers across the social sciences who are interested in the interstice populism, media and journalism. Submissions that focus on specific research questions or contexts, as well as contributions from a variety of disciplinary and methodological approaches are all welcome. Historical or contemporary contributions focused on any geographic area that contribute to the theoretical and empirical study of populism are encouraged to apply for this special issue. Qualitative, quantitative and mixed approaches will be considered. Case studies should be original and clearly show how they contribute to our understanding of the intersection of media, populism and journalism. Articles should clearly present and discuss their epistemological, theoretical and methodological approach and, if applicable, the extent it generalises beyond the cases studied.

Author guidelines: https://bjr.sbpjor.org.br/bjr/about/editorialPolicies#custom-0

Call for papers (EN): Populism, Media and Journalism

Appel à communication (FR): Populisme, média et journalisme

Chamada de Trabalhos (PT): Populismo, Mídia e Jornalismo

Convocatoria para publicaciones (ES): Populismo, medios y periodismo

ISSN da versão online: 1981-9854
ISSN da versão impressa (descontinuada a partir de 2008): 1808-4079

BJR do not apply  article's processing charges.