Archive for July 2019

[Commlist] 2 LATmetrics: Alternative Metrics and Open Science in Latin America

Wed Jul 31 19:49:08 GMT 2019

Thaiane Oliveira would like to share the Call for Abstracts of the second edition of LATmetrics conference which aims to discuss Alternative Metrics and Open Science in Latin America. The 2 LATmetrics will be held in Cusco, Peru, in partnership with Concytec and sponsored by Digital Science, Altmetric and Plos.

What alternative metrics do you want for Latin America?

For a long time, the way of evaluating science in countries of the so-called Global South has reproduced models that are not aligned with the reality of those countries. With this in mind, we would like to invite you to discuss this topic in the 2 LATmetrics: Alternative Metrics and Open Science in Latin America. From this second meeting, we seek to develop our own metrics, indicators and evaluation systems, considering the social demands of Latin America. Let's move forward on the paths we want to assess the social impact of Science, Technology and Innovation for the region.

The 2 LATmetrics will be held in Cusco, Peru, from 4th to 6th, November.

Media and Communication Studies scholars are welcome!

Submit your abstract: https://easychair.org/cfp/2LATmetrics

Deadline: August 01, 2019 (Last extended!)

More information: https://www.latmetrics.com/

For more information, contact Thaiane Oliveira, Chair of LATmetrics conference at (thaianeoliveira /at/ id.uff.br) or
(latmetrics /at/ gmail.com)