Archive for July 2013

[ecrea] CfP Deadline Approaching: Special issue of Assuming Gender journal - 'Queer and There'

Wed Jul 31 13:03:05 GMT 2013

*CfP Deadline Approaching: Special issue of /Assuming Gender /journal/ - /'Queer and There'*
**
/Assuming Gender/ would like to invite submissions to our forthcoming special issue: 'Queer and There'. In this issue we aim to explore contemporary queer theory and its practical and theoretical horizons. We welcome submissions which engage with 'queer texts', but also those which apply perspectives gained from queer theory to perhaps unexpected texts, objects or fields. We would also welcome more theoretically-focussed articles, including those which posit challenges to aspects of the field.

In respect to the title, 'Queer /and There/', we particularly welcome submissions that take queer approaches to, or locate the queer in new and unexpected places. Proposals are welcome from any academic discipline, and can cover any historical period. We particularly welcome inter- and multi-disciplinary approaches.

For submission guidelines, more details, and a list of suggested topics, please see http://www.assuminggender.com/p/call-for-papers.html.

Deadline: *Monday, 2 September 2013*.

Submissions and enquiries should be sent to issue co-editors David Andrew Griffiths and Kat Deerfield at (_gender /at/ cardiff.ac).uk_ <mailto:(gender /at/ cardiff.ac.uk)>