Archive for September 2010

[ecrea] Climate change, Media and Politics - An Ph.D.-course at the University of Bergen

Fri Sep 03 08:31:47 GMT 2010

>INVITATION
>
>Climate change, Media and Politics
>An Ph.D.-course at the University of Bergen
>November 15-19, 2010
>
>The University of Bergen, the Department of
>Information Science and Media Studies and the
>Department of Comparative Politics have the
>pleasure to invite PhD-students to the course
>held in the University of Bergen 15 to 19 of November 2010.  Credits: 10 ECTS.
>
>Lecturers:
>Mike Hulme, Professor of Climate change in the
>School of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia.
>Anabela Carvalho, Associate Professor at
>department of Communication Science at
>University in Minho and Chair of the Science and
>Environment Communication Section of the
>European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA)
>Asunción St. Clair, Professor in Sociology at
>the University of Bergen and Lead Author of the IPCC 5th Assessment Report.
>Eystein Jansen, professor of paleoclimatology at
>the University of Bergen, Research director of
>the Bjerknes Center for Climate Research and
>co-ordinating Lead Author in the IPCC 4th Assessment Report.
>Risto Kunelius, professor of journalism at the University of Tampere, Finland.
>Elisabeth Eide, Associate Professor in
>Journalism at the Oslo University College.
>Together Kunelius and Eide coordinate a
>transnational research project called MediaClimate.
>Endre Tvinnereim, Senior Analyst at Point Carbon
>Gisela Böhm, Professor at the Faculty of Psychology, University of Bergen.
>Elisabeth Ivarsflaten, Associate professor and
>Deputy Head of Department of Comparative Politics, University of Bergen
>
>The lectures will be given during the period 15
>to 19 of November. The credits are awarded on
>the basis of an essay (8000 word). The reading
>material will be given in advance.
>There is no course fee. Based on applications
>and letters of motivation, we will pay
>accommodation and other expenses (travel to/from
>airport etc) for some of the participants.
>Participants will have to cover their own travel
>expenses/plane tickets. We will have some
>cultural activities together during the
>evenings, and we will also pay for meals.
>
>If this sounds interesting for some of your PhD
>candidates, do not hesitate to contact us, or
>check the website: http://www.uib.no/course/MEVIPOL900.
>
>To participate, send application before OCTOBER
>15TH (1ST of October if you need a Visa for entering Norway).
>
>Sincerely,
>Dag Elgesem                                                     Lise Rakner
>Head of Department                                      Head of Department
>Information Science and Media Studies           Comparative Politics
>Email : (dag.elgesem /at/ infomedia.uib.no)            Email : (lise.rakner /at/ isp.uib.no)
>Phone : + 47 55 58 41
>16                                Phone : +47 55 58 90 75

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885